Friday 16 December 2011

The Martians are coming

I've been reading The War of the Worlds. It's pretty dark.
"Where the road grows narrow and black between the high banks the crowd jammed and a desperate struggle occurred. All that crowd did not escape; three persons at least, two women and a little boy, were crushed and trampled there and left to die amidst the terror and the darkness."
The War of the Worlds, H.G. Wells

I mean, calm down HG. It's only the end of the world. The whole thing is done so well it makes me worried about Martians. Not really concerned, but when I hear loud noises I assume it's the invasion.

1 comment:

  1. I suppose you heard the story about listeners in the 1930s thinking there was a real alien invasion when The War of the Worlds was broadcast on the radio back in the day. Well done narrator Orson Welles for making fiction into reality ( ;

    ReplyDelete